April 12, 2010

Weekend Recap!

Friday concluded with some delicious grilled chicken sandwiches and homemade french fries. Although I don't think those are good points towards my diet . .. and we were still all under the weather and on our way to recovery. After I ate it hit me how exhausted I really was. Mind you I was sick all last week, and that plus a full stomach will pretty much equal a nice nap. I'm pretty sure I made it through Armored. And I know I have no idea how Terminator Salvation ended . ... lol. So that was Friday.


On Saturday we left to begin a day full of last minute wedding errands! Danny and I had just gotten paid and were determined to pay everything else we hadn't paid yet. First was the caterer. We get to the restaurant only to find out that we overbudgeted for it! Well not in so many words, but what I mean to say is that the remained balance was $100 less than we expected. So that was a good beginning. .

Audrey and I then left to McAllen to go pay the florist, and take the address of the day-of pickup for the limo to the company. We picked up some Quiznos (a couple of sammies - yum!) and then headed back to Donna to meet at my Godmother's house to work on the centerpieces for the tables! It was a productive afternoon! And I really think they're gonna look great! But I suck and forgot to take a picture yet again! :(

Just after 3PM we headed back to Edinburg to go to the salon for a hair trial appointment for the wedding day! LOL. A couple of the stylists misunderstood and thought I was getting married that day. Silly. I think it went pretty well. I didn't really know what I wanted, and I still kinda don't, but I had my little sis there with me and she would never say it looked good if it didn't. More to come on that later! After that we went to go make the final payments on the cakes and then to pick up Audrey's shoes. Unfortunately we made it to the bridal boutique just after they'd closed! :( So that was gonna have to wait.

We then left to HEB to pick up a couple of items Danny and I will need for this weekend, and some ingrediants for dinner. We wanted to have grilled chicken wraps - or as my dad likes to call it "chicken tacos", although they look more like burritos than tacos . . .


On Sunday Danny had to be at Best Buy by 8AM for a meeting and then didn't go into work until 2. So we met up at church. It was a good service. Then we went to go waste come time looking around Pier 1. I am lucky that I have a guy that loves to shop! Even if it's window shopping! So we were in there and of course I think we need 1 of everything in there, sometimes 2 of them. Most of the things I want are dishes, glasses, bakeware/cookware, etc. And Danny's response is the same all the time: "Don't you already have one of those!" Which is probably true . . . but not for all I know :)

We parted ways at about 1:20 and then I came back home and vegged out on the couch for a couple of hours. Around 5 we left to meet my mom for a little dinner and then returned home. I was determined to put away all my clean clothes and while doing that, clear out an entire dresser (about 6 drawers) for Danny. I was successful! And you know what?! He hasn't even used them! He still insisted on putting his things in one of my drawers! lol. I guess it will come with time.


Now we're down to the week of the wedding! It's this Saturday. This weekend! I can't wait :-)

2 comments:

The Confused said...

Going...to the chapel and we're....gonnna get maaaarried... :D

Rachel and John said...

WOW this weekend! That's so exciting! Good Luck and I can't wait to hear all the exciting details!