April 22, 2010

The Rehearsal!

So Friday was the day of the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.

We had the weirdest weather throughout the week!
It had been raining on and off all week. And we were just crossing our fingers that we would get decent weather for that evening and Saturday!

So I worked half a day and then was going to get picked up at 12 by my sister Tina, her husband Casey, and my nephew Jack :) I was looking forward to it all week! And so there it came noon. Time to go! And they were still on their way! Lol. They got lost. Even with her iphone map they got lost.

There I was like a bum hanging out front of the office waiting to be picked up. An extra bag plus my purse in tow, along with the frame of Danny and I that was going to greet the guests as they would arrive.

It was pretty funny.

Luckily I have no photo to show as evidence. LOL.

So on we went to the site of the ballroom to help my mom, big-little sis, and aunt finish setting up the tables and linens. They were pretty much done and it didn't take long at all once we got there.





It poured as we were helping finish the set up.

Then it was off to lunch for some Mexican food! Now anywhere really would have sufficed, but what's more mexican than a taqueria?! I mean really!

Didn't get a picture though. Sorry!

Once we finished with lunch we came back to my dad's house to finish getting the house/dinner ready for the rehearsal dinner we were going to have after the rehearsal at the church.

Before we knew it it was time for the rehearsal!





During rehearsal, my [now] sister-in-law text me that it was pouring at her house and wanted to double check that the dinner was still on. I can't even count how many people were so looking forward to my dad's brisket! Fortunately, it was nice blue skies and sun outside when we were all done with the rehearsal. Only that didn't mean squat! That didn't mean it's the same across the whole valley! So we just had to cross our fingers and hope that whatever rain was going on was about done and wrapping it up.

We arrived to my house nice and dry, only the lawn very well indicated it had poured maybe no less than an hour before we all got there.

We were lucky not to have gotten rained out on the rest of the night.






The food was delicious, we got compliments as people left.

The only regret I have is wishing that I'd gone to bed earlier. I was so tired the next morning - I'll elaborate more on the next post: WEDDING DAY!

No comments: