April 4, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup!

So my job is pretty boring and my office is pretty blah! LOL. I take my fiance's old laptop and watch movies while I eat my lunch. This isn't entirely a bad thing, because I can watch and appreciate old DVD's that we may have forgotten about.

This week one of the movies I was watching was Tortilla Soup.


Every time I watch it I forget how much I really like this movie and am easily reminded! I love food. I love trying new food. Now if the plate has a particular ingredient that I'm not fond of, that may require some swaying and persuasion. LOL.

The ingredient of the day was chicken. My dad suggested BBQ chicken on the grill. Now nothing against my dad's BBQ. It's always delicious! Unless they're steaks that had been taking residence in the freezer for a few weeks, then it's not so good [another story for later though.] But when he BBQ's something like chicken, he ALWAYS grills way to much for the 3 of us.

So being inspired from the movie, I opted for Chicken Tortilla Soup and found a recipe online that I'd like to try. My dad was confused and thought I was going to make a chicken tortilla casserole that my mom butchered attemtped one time.  I won. LOL.

So I found the recipe here and because I suck at taking pictures while I cook, here is an after picture:



It was delicious. Even the leftovers were delicious! I will definitely keep this as one of my go-to recipes.



No comments: