April 4, 2010

Easter Day!

I am well past that age where I need to make/crack Easter Eggs on Easter Day. My cousins are all grown up now. So if we were to do anything it would've been a BBQ and maybe a board game and a movie. Nothing big, just some good 'ol family quality time. But my Tio Pete [a.k.a. my boss] was still sick. Don't know what it is, but it's gotta be a serious bug. So no family visit today.

Nope.

Instead I spent my day putting wedding favors together! lol. Nearly all day.

Ok, ok. This morning/early afternoon I made homemade biscuits and gravy. Remember how I said I sucked taking pictures while cooking - yeh, well that still holds up. Danny got a few in, but 2 out of 3 were of the dogs lying down all over the kitchen floor so those don't count.






Now normally, I avoid the white gravy if I can. I much prefer brown gravy on the plates that typically are served with the white gravy. But this was pretty good.

The day continued with me finishing up the wedding favors.


And then concluded with me making homemade Chicken Parmesean. This is relatively easy to make. I do an egg wash bath on the split chicken breasts or tenders and then lay them in a bread crumb/parmesean cheese/salt-pepper mixture. Then fry them in some EVOO until golden brown on each side. Served on top of spaghetti pasta, then coated in spaghetti sauce and topped with shredded mozzarella cheese.


Delicious!

It was an all around good day filled with some immediate family quailty time and some good food.

2 comments:

Rachel and John said...

Looks like a good food day for you, 2 from scratch meals!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

looks so yummy! Plus I am green with envy because I really want a yellow kitchen aid mixer! :) haha