April 23, 2010

Show Us Your Life - How I Met Mr. Hilton!

Here's something new I thought I'd try!

***WARNING!!! - MAJOR PICTURE OVERLOAD, I COULD NOT RESIST! :-)

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Well, once upon a time - very long ago . . .

JK!

No but seriously, we've been together on/off going on 7 years this June! 7 years!

We met briefly in middle school. In band. How dorky huh? lol.

He was a grade higher than I was.

He played the trumpet.

I played the flute.

He remembered me when I got to high school.

Then began the shameless teasing. :)

He used to call me "fish" "fishy" "freshman"

I think we just admired eachother from afar that first year.

I joined the mariachi group late that year.

Being in the mariachi group meant late/extra rehearsals.

We grew closer.

Even friendly.

Then we went to Dallas and were the exhibit mariachi for a small clinic they were having for directors in North Texas who were interested in starting their own groups.

Yeh we were pretty awesome.

It was on that trip that we became inseperable.

It might've involved freshly dry cleaned uniforms that needed all  "the galas" that pretty shiny stuff reattatched to the sides of the pants/skirts and one Mr. Hilton skillfully reattactching them sewing one leg shut.

I, being the self-proclaimed "gala master" may have had to re-do the entire leg the morning of our exhibition clinic.

Yeh, I'm pretty awesome like that. lol.

It all happened kinda fast, but I don't regret one second of it.

We are now almost 7 years together and 6 days happily married!



















3 comments:

Brianna! said...

:) sweet story!!
I love LOVE hearing other people's love stories!

xoxo
bB

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I LOVE picture overloads, esp when they are so darn cute :)

Rachel and John said...

Cute Cute Cute story and pictures!!