March 30, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday!

I've seen a lot of the blogs I read participate in this, so I thought I'd give it a try.




Top 2 Random Facts About Yourself

1. I hate to wear my hair down. And although I know I complain about not being able to wear it down enough - when I actually fix it to wear down, I just end up pinning it back up somehow again. I love the way it looks but down here in South Texas where I live, the humidity is just too unbearable. So really, with my being finicky and all about my hair, I'm still limited as to when and how often I can.

2. I hate my major. I was always too scared to change it. The thoughts I conceived in my head were something like "You're too far in now, it's too late. You're almost done just stick with it. You're gonna need a good back up just incase whatever you really want to do doesn't pan out." And in all honesty, when I was starting out my college career I loved it! It started out with math. All math. Problems, scenarios - numbers. I love math. But then you get into the upper division classes and it all turned to theory. Where'd the numbers go? I know you need to learn the theory to understand how the numbers work and why they belong where they do. But it got so boring and tedious, I got to the point where I'd do enough to get by each class as they came. And I know recently I haven't tried to hide that I'm unhappy with where I am in the "real world", but I'm always thinking of ways I can get out of where I am, do something I love or at least like, and apply what I have gained from my degree so all that time wasn't for nothing.

2 comments:

The Undomestic Mom said...

Thanks for linking up!!! I hate to wear my hair down too! Im from houston area so I know what you mean about the humidity!!!

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

I am not a fan of wearing my hair down either and my hairdresser yells at me for always having it in a ponytail. Oh well. :)