March 4, 2010

I'm a maniac, maniac that's for sure!


Drivers in Donna beware if I wake up late! Stay outta my way! lol.

Oh and then I hate the people that are turning [to go to the high school] and they still try to turn after the protected turn light shuts off and the northbound traffic gets their green. I honked and got all up in front of some stupid cars. lol.

Alas, this still remains true and sad. I am always late. I'm not exagerating either. I'm ALWAYS late. I'm also not trying to brag as I am NOT proud of this. I get mad at myself all the time, yet apparently not enough to actually change it.

I work for my uncle at his CPA firm. Lucky? Yes. Priviledged? No. Although I probably should've been fired by now, but I haven't so I guess that last one is kinda true. I do my work. And I like to think I do a pretty good job too. But that's not enough. I know it's the principle that I'm not getting. I need to get to work on time! So after having been gotten after at last week, because well I was 20 minutes late [and seriously not my fault], I've made a personal goal to myself that from here on out I'm going to make it a point to get to work early and or on time. That's enough.

I've been successful 3 out of the 4 days this week already. That 1 was out of my control, and I would've been on time if it weren't for that stupid 3 car pile up on the highway that caused traffic to go nuts. Lucky for me I was at the front of all that mess and was able to get out in 10 minutes - making me 10 minutes late to work. Awful I know. But later that morning I heard on the radio that the traffic wasn't moving at all! Everyone who was on the highway was stuck, and I heard this at about 9 AM I kid you not. So I was lucky. But apparently the part I haven't learned yet is to call when you're late and it's out of your hands, which would've helped avoid the awkward silence and silent treatment at work . . . well, now I know!

Wish me luck!

No comments: