March 7, 2010

Free. My most favorite thing in the world!

Don't you just love Starbucks? Don't you enjoy it even more when you're craving it and then you just go and satisfy that craving? lol. It's wonderful! hahaha. But I have to admit, Starbucks has become just a little bit too rich for my blood. And no I'm not poor, I'm just getting married. Enough said right?

This past Saturday, Audrey and I were out and about and got the craving, not just for Starbucks but for caffeine in general. And this craving struck us right at the checkout at HEB, only there were no cold beverages near the aisles except for one that contained HEB brand drinks. And I don't have anything against HEB brand items, but I really really wanted a cold Pepsi! Insert disappointment here.

So we pack up the car and think about what to do with our lack of caffeine plus the 30 minute drive home. And that's when we see the Starbucks across the street and remember that we have a few giftcards in the car armrest and Audrey offered to use hers as well. So we head over and wait in line and order, which surprisingly didn't take too long. While we were in line we discovered there weren't just a few gift cards, we had 4 - not including the one in Audrey's wallet. 4! Unfortunately we had no clue as to how much was on each card! So I pick one thinking it had cents to maybe a dollar on it. And guess what? That card had more money on it than we thought and paid for our drinks.

Man do I love these things.

There is nothing better in the world than not having to pay out of your own pocket for anything. LOL. So if you don't know what to gift to us - for anything, you can't go wrong with gift cards ... from Starbucks that is. :)

No comments: