March 5, 2010

Salsa Fish over White Rice

I don't really know what else to call it!

My mom was the first to make this dish [that I know of], and for the life of me - I cannot seem to remember what she called it! She'll probably correct me after she reads this, but oh well.

So here's the ingredient list:
  • Fish fillets
  • Extra long grain white rice
  • Medium/Large jar of salsa of your choice
  • EVOO
  • Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley
  • A couple of lime wedges (optional)
So first get your white rice going. Boil then simmer the rice [2 cups water for every 1 cup of rice]. Then season one side of the fish fillets with all the seaonings and warm up your skillet with some evoo.
Place the fish in the skillet [seasoned side down] once your pan is hot and then season the unseasoned side. Cook for about 3-4 minutes before flipping - this should be a sufficient amount of time if your pan is pretty hot and good to go. Once the fish is pretty much done cooking on the 2nd side add the salsa to the skillet so it warms up nicely and serves well with the fish. Once the rice is just about done cooking, sprinkle some parsley flakes on the top. Serve the fish and salsa over the white rice, or to your preference. I think it looks pretty with fish over the rice :)









Happy eating!

No comments: