February 1, 2010

Mole, mole, mole!

Ole! lol :-)


 
I don't know if everyone know what it is, but it's a mexican sauce that is usually served all over chicken. And here at my house we usually refer to it as the entire plate itself. My dad loves it. And so does my fiance Danny. And until I made it recently, I usually just tolerated it. But this time that I made it, I was on fire! Moving in the kitchen, making the mole came so easily. And it didn't take long at all! And the added bonus was that it tasted great! So I'm going to share my recipe with the world.
 
First you need:

  • 1 jar Dona Maria Mole sauce 
  • Chicken - any size, I used chicken thighs
  • 1-2 TB Knorr - Caldo de Tomate con sabor de Pollo bouillon
  • 1-2 TB Knorr - Caldo de Pollo
  • Vegetable oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • A few crushed cloves of garlic
  • Pinto beans - fresh made or canned
  • Ex. long grained rice
Ok, so first cook the chicken. You can cook it in the skillet if you want, but I boil it in a big pot of water. In the pot I throw in the chicken, couple of cups of water [enough to cover the chicken and some], a big heaping TB of the tomatoe bouillon and a big heaping TB of the chicken bouillon - and also the chopped onion, and crushed garlic cloves. Boil until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken and place in a big skillet.

While the chicken is boiling, you can start the rice. Brown the rice in a small amount of vegetable oil. Once its all browned up add the water. [2 cups of water per cup of rice] With the water also mix in another 1-2 TB of the tomatoe bouillon, depending on the amount of rice you make. Bring it to a boil, then lower the heat down and simmer for about 15 min. or until fluffed and ready.

Then, into a blender throw in the entire contents of the small jar of mole sauce with some of the water from the pot of water the chicken was boiled in. Probably a good 2 cups, just becareful and watch the consistency so that it isn't too watery - mole sauce is supposed to be a little thick. Then turn on and blend until its mixed well.

Next, add blender contents to skillet with the chicken and simmer.

Serve chicken with rice and beans, and tortillas.








 

 

 

No comments: