February 3, 2010

Wedding Wednesday!

This seems to be a trending topic among blogs I've been reading. So what better way to contribute than to talk about what is going on with MY wedding! :)

So last week my invitations came in! All 175 of them!



On Friday after work I had a wedding itch and so I laid everything out on the kitchen table and my sister and then my dad  helped finish the job. They came printed on a regular sheet sized paper (8+1/2 X 11") so we had to tear at the preferated edges and arrange them into inner envelopes. It took about an hour and a half in total. Now I just have to work on the labels for addressing them.

Saturday I went to the Post Office to buy stamps for the invites that we'll have to mail out and for the rsvp's we'll send out. I bought 200 stamps.

Last weekend we went to look at some linens and my mom helped out and put a deposit to reserve them. And then we went to check out a bakery to get a quote and possibly save the date with them, but upon hearing the delivery fee my mom kinda flipped out and said we HAD to find another baker! I understand, try to save money where you can. But it's a delivery charge. For a wedding cake. I get that. I can't pick up and set up up MY wedding cake. That's just ridiculous! I think all the bakers are going to have a delivery charge. And if they don't, then I'm unsure about about their quality of work.

But anyway - the photographers are getting paid! I actually just went today to make a 2nd payment for the photographer and scheduled our engagement and my bridal sessions! I've got less than 2 months to make sure I fit in my dress - and comfortably! So let the hard work begin!

Wish me luck!

We're going to be doing some more wedding errands this weekend, but I'll save those for next weeks "Wedding Wednesday" post.

No comments: