February 26, 2010

An Eventful Thursday

Ok I tried the mobile blogging thing. Didn’t quite work out the way I initially wanted to.


Yesterday we had our engagement session and it turns out that we didn’t just have 1, but we had 2 photographers and a videographer! Now if that doesn’t make you feel like the center of attention I don’t know what will. We had the amazing David Pezzat accompanied by the talented Jay Caballero… and I feel bad because I didn’t catch the videographer’s name! [BAD Jessica! I know!

I was nervous! Sometimes I don’t feel like I’m photogenic until I see the pictures and then I’m like “Oh! Those didn’t turn out too bad!”

Anyway, the day started off with errands:

1. Pick up Daisy from the spay/neuter clinic by 9 AM.

We almost didn’t make it! The West Bound traffic was a nightmare! First, we thought it was an accident. Then when we finally made our way around it we saw that it was just highway construction that had a portion of the expressway shut down so they could finish the job, whatever that was. I swear – we pulled in to the clinic at about 8:53 AM! But the important thing is that we made it! Daisy was so happy to see us, she semi-jumped on my lap and gave me a few kisses! Which she never does, the kisses I mean. LOL.



2. Take Daisy home and iron my dress for the engagement pictures!

This took a little longer than I would’ve liked but it got done. Then we got the Kia all packed up and ready to go seeing as we’d be driving over to the location for pictures just as soon as I got out of the salon.

3. Go to Zales to pick up/pay off Danny’s wedding ring!!

I hoped he would like the one I picked out for him, poor Danny was working when I went to go buy them. He LOVES it! It’s his style and he loves the color! I was so pleased. Points for me! :)


4. Go to the salon and get all done up for the pictures!

My initial appointment was at 9:30 AM. But then it was made known to me that we wouldn’t be taking pictures till 3:30 PM. So I rescheduled for 12 noon. But then the worry-wart in me got panicky and thought that that wouldn’t be enough time to get ready and be at the location in time! Luckily, it took just the right amount of time: 1 hour for the hair and 1 hour for makeup. I was unsure about the amount of makeup because anything more than what I normally wear, which isn’t much, is drastic for me! But Danny could not stop smiling at me and kept telling me how pretty I looked!

Here’s me right after my hair was done:


Here I am in the car on the way to take pictures:





And to be honest, after this picture I could see the resemblance:



I used thsi picture of Ziyi Zhang from "Memoirs of a Geisha" for that Dopplegangermabob thing on Facebook a few weeks ago.

So we arrive to Los Ebanos Preserve in San Benito and are amazed at how we never noticed it before. Right as you exit the highway to go to South Padre Island, right on the left hand corner as you pass through the underpass of the expressway there is the entrance! It seems so secluded and you cannot even hear the vehicles passing by on the highway, which was amazing to me seeing as it is so close to the highway!

The land was BEAUTIFUL! It was an old plantation style type house with a resaca for a front view. Not bad at all! The house inside was beautiful as well. It was apparent that it had history but it has been so well maintained.

We had an awesome time shooting our pictures. It was a little awkward at first, but we got used to it. And I really think we got a lot of great shots in. I'm so excited and cannot wait to see the proofs!

It was a really good day! I'm eager to take my bridals already!

No comments: