February 10, 2010

Wedding Wednesday!

Well readers - and Joseph! Hi Joseph! How're you doing? How's school! lol.

It's been a whole week since I've last blogged! I'm so sorry for my absence, it won't happen again I swear. At least not for a whole week!

It's Wedding Wednesday!!!

So, remember the last post when my mom freaked out with the delivery fee at the first bakery we went to? Well she insisted on making us check out a baker she picked, which we didn't mind. More cake! And well it went pretty bad. The flavors we tried were orange, lemon, almond, vanilla, and strawberry. For sake of anonymity I won't say where we went, just that it was in Weslaco. The orange and lemon had weird coloring and there was also something in the cake, like little balls of flavo - that weren't very tasty at all. So it was a big disappointment. The only one I liked was the vanilla, and it's just plain old vanilla! No flavor! That's not for a wedding cake! So we won that battle and are having our wedding cake done by Sweet & Tasty in McAllen!

Later that morning we also went to go see the ballroom so my mom could show me the layout of the tables and chairs that they had picked out - this is also where I will be taking my bridal portraits with the one and only David Pezzat! It was nice to be there and feel all the preperations coming together for the end result!

Next we went downstairs to pick out tuxes! First and foremost was to pick a style. So of course leave it to us, we picked out expensive ones - although those are not the ones we ended up choosing. Danny was stuck on 2 based on price. Needless to say they were the 2 cheapest rentals. I don't blame him - at this point we were counting on having to pay for 3 of these tuxes! So one tux was a 2 button coat and the other was just a single button. For sake of looks, the 2 button looks better and that's the one we ended up choosing. So I will be going in to pick out exactly which vest, tie, etc. There's so many decisions just to pick a tux! 

We continued the day in search of bridal shower gifts for the games we are gonna play! Not only that but we also needed invitations! Which we bought - at Wal-Mart! I spent that night writing out 60 invitations! 60!!

Here they are in all their glory: The handwriting isn't too bad! Don't judge me! lol.

So then after writing them out, we started packaging the invitations. With labels and stamps! A good chunk of them got mailed out yesterday! I'm still waiting on a couple of addresses to get all the rest out, and this Saturday we're going out and about to deliver the rest.

I hope it won't be much longer before they all go out!

Until next time!

No comments: