February 2, 2010

Chorizo and Shrimp Quesadillas with smokey guacamole

Lately, we've been into trying new recipes and different styles of cooking. In total I think I've got about 9 cookbooks, including the one that I just recently bought this past weekend. So my dad suggested doing a dish using shrimp. So while I was busy working on labels for our wedding invitations, I had my fiance [Danny] going through the cookbooks looking for a new recipe to try. Nothing too complicated, and something that could be done relatively quickly. I'd already made shrimp scampi, probably about a month ago and it was great, but we were on the hunt for something new.

So it was in this cookbook:

that my Danny found this recipe. Just hearing it sounded good! lol.

So then it was decided and soon enough we were headed off to HEB to get the ingrediants. It really didn't take long at all, especially since I had him in the kitchen helping me. So here are a few pictures of us making our quesadillas!

This is the brand of chorizo we used


I took the casing off the chorizo and ground it up and cooked it


I boiled 1 lb of shrimp in a pot of water and threw in a TB or so of Old Bay


Danny chpping up the chipotle chile and make the guac


Approx. 1 lb of cheese: Pepperjack, cheddar, and colby jack


The chorizo mixed up with the chopped up shrimp


Ta-da!

Please excuse the poor quality of these pictures, they were taken with my phone!

No comments: