January 25, 2010

Wedding Day Errand Saturday

So this past Saturday my mom, my sister and I were on a mission to get some wedding errands accomplished. This is a necessity seeing as my wedding is only a mere 82 days away! Can you believe that?! There’s at least one point in everyday where I panic a little, only because everything is not completely set. The good thing is that everything and everyone is booked! Here’s the list rundown:


Church: Trinity Worship Center, ceremony is to begin at 4 PM
Reception site: Villa de Cortez Ballroom – Dinner 6-8, Dance 8-12
Catering: Jose’s Cafecito
Photographers: RGV Photography, for the day of
David Pezzat Photography, for our engagement and bridal sessions
Wedding dress, Bridesmaid’s dresses: David’s Bridal
MOH’s dress: Alfred Angelo
Limo: All Valley Limousine
Flowers: Jac-Lin’s Flowers
Music: DJ Art
Invitations: Social Situations
Cakes: Sweet & Tasty Bakery
Linen Rental: Sweet Dreams

That’s what I’ve got done and booked so far. The only thing we need now is our wedding rings! LOL. That’s it. And well his tux rental. But that’s it. Ok, ok and the wedding favors. But I cannot for the life of me decide on what to do. I definitely don’t want to spend too much money. And so far I’ve considered doing a Goody Table, or as my little sister likes to call it: the Heart attack table. I’ve thought about having little bells with a personalized tag, they can be later used for Christmas Ornaments, but then I think about all the little kids running around the ballroom ringing those bells. That doesn’t seem like something to look forward to. I’ve also considered little baggies/containers with a special treat inside. But that can be pricy. So the favors will probably be one of the last things we do.

But anyway, this past weekend, we found our linen provider! They’re located in Edinburg, and still a bit pricy – but it’s the cheapest price I’ve been able to find. I picked a simple, shiny and elegant white table cloth. It looks nice and is cheap without looking cheap. I still have no idea what we’ll use for the centerpieces but luckily I still have some time to decide on those.

And luckily, we stopped at a Valero on the way to check out the linens for some drinks and lo and behold we found $20 on the floor! Pretty cool huh?! And then we went to see the linens, booked them and left a deposit. Then we went to go check out the bakery and book them for a tasting. When we got there, we were informed that there would be a $50 delivery fee. See that, me and my little sister completely understand. I mean this is probably going to be a 4-5 tiered cake. There is no way that I want to be responsible for transporting it to the reception site! No way. And when my mom heard that price, she flipped! I know $50 is a lot, but think about the stress of not having to worry about getting a beautiful wedding cake to the ballroom site. We made an appointment for a tasting for this Thursday to pick the flavors and talk about the design. Mom just doesn’t know that yet.

After that we had to take my mom back to her car because she needed to go to work, but then we drove back to McAllen to continue doing more wedding errands. I wanted to stop by the florist to give her the color swatches for the girls’ dresses and maybe even talk about potential flowers for the bridal party bouquets, and to give her a payment. We got there at about 2:15 PM and we arrived to see that the sign said they closed at 2PM! But the glowy sign said OPEN, so I got off to see if she was there or if they were in fact closed. Guess what?! They were OPEN after all! So we sit and chat for a bit. We decided on super colorful flowers, and to incorporate some daisies – my favorite flower! So she brought out a few contenders, some Gerber daisies, margarita daisies and a lily. And just as we were about to leave, my florist took the bundle and put them in a vase for me to take home! So pretty!




The whole night my dad just commented on how huge the Gerber Daisies were. As huge as they are, they really are beautiful. I’m so excited to see what she comes up with for my bouquet. Mine will be all white: ivory and white flowers with some greenery.

After the florist we ventured off to David’s Bridal to see if they still had a cake topper that we had been eyeing a few weeks back. Yes, I know what you’re thinking. “Didn’t you already do a post about a wedding cake topper you already bought?” And yes, you’re absolutely right! I did. But this was a figurine one, and even Danny had seen it, and guess what? We BOTH liked it! And guess what?! It was still there! Needless to say it also came home with me that day.




Audrey thinks I should use both toppers, I’m still thinking about it. I know they’ll fit perfectly if I go with a square shaped cake. But I’m just not sure how they’ll look together. I don’t know. I guess we’ll see what the baker says.

No comments: