January 18, 2010

My Birthday Weekend

FYI: This is a really long post! So sit tight :)

Sick. I was sick all weekend!

It all began on .... last week. lol. I was coughing and headachy about Wednesday/Thursday - but then on Friday. Friday the day I look forward to all week! I didn't even make it to work. I had to call, well text, in sick! And it was payday! Needless to say I bet my uncle understood that I really must've been quite ill to miss work on payday! So I didn't really worry about feeling guilty that he maybe wouldn't believe that I was truly sick.

Anyway it is really all a head cold. Cough/congestion and snot! Gross right?

It's all still happening right now. But for now, I think the storm has passed. I'm in recovery and looking forward to being completely healed so that I can start working out! I'm seriously lagging on that. And the wedding is less than 3 months away!!!

Ok well this weekend ... I stayed home all day on Friday - sick. I lived on soup and crackers for about 4 days. lol. Thankfully, that's all done with. Especially since the serving size for Ritz crackers is only 5 crackers! And remember: "I lived on soup and crackers for about 4 days"!! Oh the calories :( We stayed in, my dad brought me some caldo de marisco from Casa de Marisco in Weslaco - delicious! And then we all attemted to watch the Bourne Ultimatum. Audrey and I were the only ones that were successful. My dad fell asleep sometime in the first 30 minutes, I'm pretty sure.

Saturday [Birthday Eve]
Woke up and took my time in the morning. Then we got ready and I tagged along with my little sister as she went to spend her mula! lol. She actually bought a laptop! A really pretty one too. Actually I'm using it to type this blog right now. Right this second. Really! And then we ventured off to Old Navy for a bit of shopping. She was successful. I on the other hand could not find anything. Anything on sale anyway. I've become quite the frugal shopper lately. You know since I've got this big 'ol wedding thing coming up. She bought a couple of shirts there and then she took me to lunch at Which-Wich! It was our first time there too. I had the Shrimp Po-Boy and it was delicious!

Then we ventured off to the mall at a second attempt for shopping. And guess what??! NOTHING! We found nothing! Nothing at all! Unbelievable right?! Well I'm not lying, we could've easily bought something, but we would've regretted it the second we paid for it. So we didn't buy anything. Just a coffee. The whole point of going to the mall was to meet up with my Danny because he wanted to buy me a birthday present. And he actually didn't believe me when I said I didn't find anything I wanted! But I was determined to find something I liked enough so that if he were to buy it, I wouldn't feel guilty. So off to scent chips! Oh the things I could be happy with here! I could find something and actually have it have it's own purpose. They have these burner things that have different themes, one in particular:

I could put this in my future kitchen, with all my fat chef stuff :)
And then we saw this one:


Which could also go in my future kitchen, with the scent of guess?? COFFEE! lol.

Well then they also have a whole section of Jim Shore items! All of which I've been turned to thanks to my older sister Christina. Yes it all started with you Tina! And since I've already got my collection going ... guess what I got?! lol.



The Hey Diddle Diddle one is from my Danny and the Little Red Riding Hood one is from Audrey. I've got the Nursrey Ryhme collection going too. With:

Bonnie thrown in.
Anyway the day ended with a trip to Vitamin World and a early birthday dinner with my mom at Chili's complete with a birthday serenade and a molten chocolate cake a'la mode. It was ok.

Sunday [The Day of]
Still sick. It began with a trip to the flea market where I was on the hunt, and very determined I might add, to find some pie plates. Glass pie plates. It seems that a few of mine have disappeared! Ok I know where they are, but I haven't gotten them back yet. And since I had seen a couple of pie plates at the flea market a few weeks back, I was set on buying them there rather than buying identical glass pie plates at say Wal-Mart for what, $8 a piece?! No thank you. I bought 5. Yep, 5 pie plates. And I've been warned, no more pie plates. I got a double serving of that from Audrey, and then Danny later. :) It's ok, I have 6 now. Well 9 if you include the original missing ones!

Then the day commenced with cleaning, dinner prep and darts. The family was here, complete with my mom. My danny, Merced, and my cousin Robert came too! It was pretty fun. Unfortunately, I was still sick and had a cough attack every so often, but I lived.

Merced actually came with a present! I joked and said he must bring a present to come, but he seriously did! He got me a very personalized card which was really sparkly :) and also a Journey CD!


I do not own one. I mean I have their greatest hits cd on my iPod, but it's not quite the same as owning the cd itself. And now I have one! Thanks Merced! That version of "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'" is my new favorite!
My birthday was ok. It was nice and small. Quaint. Overall, good.

So sorry about the long post, again! But it happens, especially when you don't blog for several days. I am going to try and blog every other day or so. Promise!

No comments: