July 26, 2010

Last Manic Monday! - for now.

So today was my last Monday at my current job. It wasn't bad at all, but man did it (kind of) fly on by!

I spent pretty much the entire day "coding". Yep ;-) at least I was while my little sister was failing me all day! Yeah you know who you are! So yeah, I forsee that I'll be "coding" at least through Thursday. I think I can make it last that long. There isn't much going on at the office anyway. Payroll reports have been completed and sent off.... maybe a payroll to do by Friday and then that's it!

During my oh so tedious day, I couldn't help but get excited [just a little bit] about the move. I think I'm more excited about using all of our stuff rather than the move itself. I'm comfortable where we are right now, but it's not ours and who knows what new and hopefully amazing things await for us. That's the exciting part I guess ... the not knowing. But now that we're moving we kinda wish we'd gotten the 2 bedroom place ... oh well. It's only for 6 months. Hopefully we can find something equally afforable, only bigger .. with a fence... and a big kitchen ... is that too much to ask for?? 

Today I started packing up the china cabinet. We're going to take it and all my grandma's china. She gave it to my dad and well it's my dad so he said I could have it :) In the cabinet I was storing all our wedding shtuff: toasting glasses, cake toppers, cake knife .. etc. And well I actually have most of  the toasting glasses still, about 14. We'll only be taking 8 though. They're only for decoration! 6 seemed to be too few so 8 seemed good enough.

Next is kitchen items that have been in use, i.e. cookie sheets, pastry blender, mixing bowls ... etc. I hope we get it all done by Friday night.

Packing has been fun. .... Not. lol. It's been bittersweet.

No comments: