June 23, 2010

A Productive Day!

1. THE ROYERS ARE MOVING BACK TO TEXAS!!! Who are the Royers you ask? Why no one else but these wonderful people:
My Brother In Law Casey, my sister Christina and Mr. Jack!
[That's my mom on the far right, she's not moving back, she's already here! ;) ]

Casey will be the first one back since he is to start work in San Antonio late July!!! But at some point, within a  few months - they'll be nothing but a few hours drive away!!! I'm super excited! Can you tell?! lol.

I've really missed this little guy

2. Yesterday was a little bittersweet. We found out about my sister moving back and also informed about a high school teacher of mine that passed away. Ms. Rodriguez was the head band director at our rival middle school, and also taught flute at the high school. I wasn't as close to her as some of the other girls but I'd had lessons with her throughout my years there. My deepest sympathy and condolences go out to her family, and I pray that they receive the strength and support they'll need through this difficult time.

3. Early this week I asked for the day off since I knew Danny had today off and we thought we'd take advantage of it and head to Brownsville and continue our search for somewhere to live. At this point we'd already given up hope on houses for lease. There just isn't much in inventory there, so today we just focused on apartments. We looked at a total of about 5 complexes, and at the end of the day we picked one. It's a reasonable monthly rent and was quite inclusive. The only downside is that we can't take Bella! They have a weight restriction on the pets, and she's got to be at least 35 lbs - on her skinny days. And their one time non-refundable pet deposit is $400.00. Yeah, that's a little too much for me. Sorry Bella, I did try!

4. Ashley Furniture is having a special tomorrow for select customers, at least that's what they're telling me! I got a letter in the mail saying I was a preferred customer and that I should come in and take advantage of all the special savings. If it's not really for "preferred customers" I'm going to pretend that it is, it makes me feel special :) lol. SO tomorrow after work Danny and I are going by to see what we can find. We're gonna need some new furniture for our new apartment! Yay! Shopping!! I'm looking forward to it!
Back to the grind tomorrow! Oh joy. Lol. JK About 4 more weeks to go at my current job. Guess I better start looking for a new one :)

No comments: