June 14, 2010

Miscellany Monday!

Another Monday has come and gone! And the day is not over yet, which means I have time to participate in another Miscellany Monday with Carissa!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


1. Erin - my sister's cat, had 3 kittens. Some days I want to keep them all because they're so gosh darn cute!


Unfortunately I can't, Danny and I already have Bella and Smokey. So right now we've been trying to look for permanent homes for them, until then we'll just continue to foster them for as long as we can.

2. I don't know what's been up with me lately, but I've been screwing up my rice! And by rice, I mean Mexican rice - the orangy, delicious one ;-) But anyway, the past couple of time's I've made it, it's come out ok. Here at my house we like our rice nice and fluffy, and dry. Somewhere in the browning process, I'm doing something wrong - or different. Last week it came out too dry, it was undercooked because I didn't have enough water in there for the rice, so I added more water and it came out fluffed but moist. A little too moist for our liking. And today I made another batch for my dad because he wanted mole leftovers for dinner. And this time I had too much water in there! Something's off ...

3. I've come to notice that I'm addicted to Tetris. I have the app on my phone. Not my iPhone, because I don't have that one anymore! :( Another post on that later. I can play that for hours! I started playing the one available on Facebook recently. Back in high school Danny and I had a portable handheld one. Similar to this:
 

4. Today I complete Day 2 of my new WJR [walking.jogging.running] routine that I've just started. lol. I wanna try and keep up with it. Recently I'd been feeling really down because I've gained weight, and I can see it. I can feel it. And I was just moping around about it and not doing a darn thing about it. But now, I feel good. And I almost gave in and didn't go to the park today after work because I was still really sore from yesterday. But it'll get easier. At least I hope it does :) I took Bella with me. That girl has got to learn to pace herself. The first mile she was walking me and the second mile I was dragging her! It was fun though, I'm glad she got to get out of the house for a bit.

2 comments:

carissa said...

keep up the exercise routine - you can do it! so sorry to hear that you no longer have an iphone = sadness. i don't have one but i can imagine it being hard to have to give it up! kittens are the cutest kind of kitties! thanks for joining in the random! have a lovely week.

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Aww cute kitties! I totally rock at tetris btw!