June 13, 2010

Weekend Recap!

Yesterday was fairly busy - we all woke up insanely early for a Saturday. There were a couple of errands we wanted to get done, and some that had to be done morning/mid-morning: like go to the bank.

For breakfast I made the hubby oatmeal while he got ready for work, no big challenge there! lol. And for the first time ever, I poached eggs! I youtube'd it so I could see someone else do it and so that I could get an idea of what I needed to do. It was very easy and was pretty tasty. I had 2 with some wheat toast.

Then we were off!

Errands to accomplish:
1.Close my old bank account.

This didn't take long at all. The line was at the drive-thru banking. While we were waiting an elderly man who came in about 5 minutes after us just began to talk to us. Poor guy, he'd just lost his wife and had gotten a letter in the mail about $5,000 having been deposited into his account. He was there to see if it was true and how it came to be. I think it must've been recent, his wife's death - he was almost in tears talking about her. He said they'd had a great, long ride together. I thought it was so sweet the way he was talking about her.

2. Deliver Glee - Road to Sectionals to my cousin Victoria. 



Yes we have this on DVD already. We're hooked! I love the Acafellas' episode with Josh Groban. He was funny in the season finale too! But not my cousin Victoria finally got into it, she said the Gaga episode got her.  

3. Head to Best Buy to use a gift certificate we earned through their Reward Zone program.

Best Buy gave us Flyleaf's cd :)

4. Go to BB&B to exchange a coffee maker we bought and a pizza pan for some other things.

What I love about BB&B is if you use their 20% off coupon to purchase something, and then later you want to exchange it - they'll give you the full purchase price's worth in store credit! A couple of weeks ago we went to buy a coffee maker and a coffee bean grinder because Danny wanted them and we didn't recieve those as wedding presents .. and we had gift cards .. and coupons that were about to expire.  I'm not a big coffee drinker, I drink coffee occasionally. But anyway, just this past week we got a belated wedding gift from one of my dad's ex-coworkers. It was a really nice coffee maker. It totally kicked our little one's butt! So we kept it :) In exchange I got some kitchen storage containers, for like pasta and flour, etc. A fleece throw, because you just never know. And a nylon whisk :) Exciting stuff huh? lol.

5. LUNCH!

For the first time ever, my sister Audrey and I went to try McAllister's! It was delicious!

^^^ Our panini's :-)

And the sweet tea, AWESOME! lol. I'm pretty picky on the tea. I hate the instant stuff - it's gotta be brewed. And sometimes, someplaces overdo it on the sugar. I mean yeah, "sweet" tea but I don't like for it to taste like sugar. Gosh. lol.

6. Make a pit stop at Pier 1 on the way home.

It was right there on the way home, so how could we not just stop in and take a look around! :) ANd of course, we found lots of things  we wanted to bring home with us. I don't know why we torture ourselves like that ... we were then inspired to suddenly go on the search for a cookie jar. We looked there, but no such luck. So then we went by Hobby Lobby, which was on the opposite side of town ... and didn't buy a cookie jar, but instead I got some more scrapbooking supplies! I was lured in by their annoucement that they had a table with special discontinued pages - 10 for $1.00! How could I not pass that up! So I got some letter stickers, more glue, my special bargained pages, and a package of scraps. A blog on that [scrapbooking] coming soon.

7. Rent a movie!

Redbox is our go-to for this. It's fast, convenient and cheap! My sister and I rented Young Victoria. I really enjoyed it a lot, more than I initially thought I would.

Today is Sunday and I've been up since 6:45 AM! I went to the park with my sister where I walked/jogged/ran 2 miles. I know thats not a lot, but I'm just getting back into it. It was certainly hot enough, but luckily there was a bit of a breeze. I made us some breakfast and then bathed 3/4 of the dogs. Now I'm just gonna relax the rest of the day and enjoy what's left of my weekend.

Meatball hoagies for dinner :-)

No comments: