June 15, 2011

Wordless Wednesday ... and an award!!!


I was able to go to my dad's house this weekend and got a big dose of some poochy love from my Bella :) I REALLY missed that big, stinky punk.





And now, on to some not so wordless stuff! lol.

Jessica Renee Over at you are my color ....



... was soooo kind enough to award me this SUNSHINE AWARD!!
Thank you so much Jess for the award! Now I'm gonna be a good bloggy friend and participate in this :D

The rules for the Sunshine Award are:



1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.


2. Tell us something about yourself.


3. Nominate 10 other bloggers.


4. And let them know you awarded them!



So, something about myself huh?
Let me think of a few things that I haven't mentioned before ...

  • I have a teensy problem: I like to/try to rescue stray dogs. There have been times before where I "rescued" a few in my old neighborhood. They deserved better!! Just the other night I tried to pick up a little puppy that was walking along the road when I was on my way home from the store .. but my loud car scared the little guy off :(  I hope he's ok.
  • I <3 JOSH GROBAN! lol. 'Nuff said.
  • I cannot cook/bake anything in my kitchen if its' dirty. By dirty I mean: dishes in the sink, dirty countertops, dishes that can be put away in minutes ... I will litterally pick up a little bit before I even start making anything.
  • I don't shop at Wal-Mart ever since I saw a documentary on Netflix called "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price" .. I can tell you that it's very hard to resist convenience and extrememly low prices though :(
  • I love fresh flowers. I try to get some as often as I can to put in a vase in our dining room. Danny will sometimes buy some for me too :) He bought these for me on Monday:

     

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I would've nominated you, but Jessica Renee beat me to it! :)

Your flowers are so pretty! So sweet of Danny! I tell Hubs that I'd rather have food than flowers. Ha ha

You really don't shop at Walmart? I need to see that documentary then! Where do you shop - HEB?

Jessica Hilton said...

Your welcome!!! I'm still not sure why, but I'm still unable to comment on your blog :(

And food I tend to shop at HEB, and for all the other knick-knacks I'll shop at Target.

jessica said...

Yay! So happy you like your award :p

And so funny that I'm the exact same way with baking. A dirty kitchen ruins it all for me. lol!

Maura said...

aww thanks girl! and i am totally with you on Josh Groban! when he sings in french and spanish, I die he's so amazing!!

The Confused said...

umm sister dear, you know i'm hardly on this right.....

Sorry i can't work in front of a computer as you do.

Sadly i don't even use tumblr anymore either. Im a blogger failure.

P.S. You owe me a peach pie!! I haven't forgotten - im like an elephant that way :D

Lyndsay said...

Aww! Thank you so much!

I, too, can't believe you don't shop at Wal-Mart! I shop there all the time! Maybe I should see this documentary you mentioned...

Thanks again!!