June 18, 2011

The baking bug strikes again!

Yesterday at work, a vendor brought us a chocolate cake. She had brought one exactly like it a week or so ago, and while the flavor was good, it was a little too moist for my taste. I'm not sure what it was because it was fully baked through ... I don't really know. It was a double layer chocolate cake with a chocolate cool whip frosting. Right between the two layers is where it was really, really moist. Has anybody else had a cake that was like that?

I couldn't eat it, even though I really wanted to since I'd been craving chocolate cake for a couple days ... so I made up my mind that afternoon that I was going to go home and bake some really good chocolate cupcakes :D

Have you had cupcakes from "Hey Cupcake"??


The first time I had my first Hey Cupcake, we were visiting in Austin. I had the Red Velvet and my sister had the Michael Jackson.

She loved hers so much she insisted I make some of my own.

So I researched different chocolate cupcake recipes, until I finally developed my own.



I had to test one! Soooo good!

Here are the "MJ's" - all done! [Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chips, and cream cheese frosting]

I finally got a pastry bag with tips to decorate the tops of the cupcakes; with all the kitchen tools that I have, I actually didn't have one of these! It's a cheapie one I got at HEB but it worked so well! And as you can see, I still need some practice on the frosting. Practice makes perfect! :)

2 comments:

jessica said...

I love Hey Cupcake! :) And your MJ cupcakes sound super good!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're amazing! I've never had Hey Cupcake. :p