May 31, 2011

Catching up

I can't belive I haven't posted anything in a week! It'd be understandable if I was busy, busy, busy ... but I really wasn't :(

I did read everybody's blogs though; however, I wasn't able to post any comments on anybody's blog. That made me kind of frustrated. On almost all comments I tried to post it'd ask for my google id, take me to a sign in page - then I would sign in and it would take me back to the comment post page only to preview it as an anonymous comment o.O

It seems to be a common problem among other bloggers, I just hope it gets resolved soon.

This is gonna be one of those "dump posts".

Nothing excited happened last week, except our brisket BBQ at work which turned out really well! I contributed dessert, which I was really excited to do. I made 4 rum cakes just to make sure that there was plenty for all of our 43+ employees. They turned out fabulous and everybody loved them. One guy even asked if he could buy one from me later this week :) He caught me off guard, so I told him I'd sell him one for $10.00

I took some picutres while I baked:

^^ My baby in action! lol.

^^ 2 down, 2 to go!

^^ Danny was out gigging with the band one night, and I needed to make sure he or anybody else wouldn't eat the 2 that were ready by Thursday! - You know, to ensure their survival for Friday's BBQ

^^ The Smokester, mommy's little helper ;)
Well, no not really but he did keep me company.


The weekend was pretty chill - we didn't do much of anything. We did a BBQ on Sunday with the band, that was pretty fun. But I fail, as I did not take any pictures :( Not a single one.

I had Memorial Day off, which was ok on Sunday but then I felt kinda bad that I wasn't able to work ... that's like 9 hours I'm gonna miss off next weeks paycheck :( I rested up a lot, more than I needed to I think because I feel really tired right now ... lol. I'm sure it'll even itself out later this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rum cake sounds delicious! I make a cream sherry cake that looks kinda similar! Don't you just love your KitchenAid? It makes baking cookies and bread SO much easier! :)

jessica said...

Your cakes look so yummy! And your helper is a total cutie!! :p

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Nice job with the baking! And what a cute kitty! (I am a total cat girl)!