May 13, 2011

Friday, the 13th ..... OOOoooohhh!! o.O

Hahaha. Creepy?? Nah, not unless you're superstitious.




Well here I am! I haven't really gone anywhere, yet.

This post is going to be a little random and all over the place, so I apologize in advance :)

1. So where have I been?? Well, my computer at work totally crapped out on me. Not in the sense that it crashed and everything on it was lost, but rather it just became extremely, and frustratingly [<-- is that even a word?? lol.] SLOW!!

My boss tried everything he could to make it run faster, but had no luck. Then we did the next best thing and called in a computer technician. Did it help? Heck no! For some weird reason there was 8GB of memory on the computer, and only 3GB's were available. He thinks that the chip must've been ruined which in turn made it run really slow, and it would be really expensive to fix - it would be cheaper to just buy me a new tower.

So did I get a new computer?? NO! The software I use to run payroll will only run on a 32 bit tower.... And all the new, off-the-shelf towers at the stores come in 64-bit. Yes they're better, and probably faster [can you tell I don't know much about computers?? lol. all this technical mumbo jumbo stuck in my head after some repitition of hearing it over, and over .... ] I did get a replacement tower, just not a brand spanking new one. It is way better than the one I had, I noticed a drastic difference from the old one when I began to use it yesterday. A new tower is not going to make me better at my job, and not getting a new one isn't going to make me be a bad employee either. I can rock this job, even if I had to use the old one!! :D

2. I've been feeling under the weather for the past several days. It's not a cold, or the flu .. .I think it's some kind of throat infection. My throat is just irritated. I'm not coughing, not a lot anyway just every once in awhile something I breathe in will rub it the wrong way and I'll cough as a result of that. My sense of taste has gone - everything tastes bland :( and when I salt something, the salt really comes out and then it's all I can taste. I've been feeling really drained of energy, and have had no urge to cook or clean at all.

3. This week flew by really quickly! It seems like just yesterday was Monday. Maybe it's because every, other day I was the county court house trying to renew a registration sticker ... I've had to go back repeatedly because of bumps that have come up. Finally, though we made a break only to go in today and find that the clerk/notary that was on our case wasn't going to make it in to work today :( There's always next week ...

4.


It's almost time for the concert! I just saw a clip his page uploaded on Facebook, and now I'm even more anxious!!!


5. I've stayed late at work everyday. Right now, I'm still here. I'm completely caught up on my work for the week and I'm just waiting on 2 trucks to make it into the yard. One is to be unloaded, the other is going to be loaded up with shredded aluminum.

***EDIT - 5:50PM : Both trucks just showed up - at the same time!! lol. Score! :D



6. I think it's time for some Netflix while I wait!


Tonight is banda night. ...... Mission - "Video Clip" is on! I hope I get a good one :)

I hope everyone has a great Friday Night!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so funny! I love these "brain dump" posts. Glad that you got a better computer! Hope you get to feeling better! Soooo jealous that you're going to the JG concert. :p

Lyndsay said...

Josh Groban! Love his music! Have fun :)