May 19, 2011

Weekend in Dallas - Sunday

Wow! So we just had a HUGE explosion happen here in the yard! We think a propane tank went into the shredder for an explosion that big. Luckily, there wasn't a fire and nobody was hurt. Items that were hung on the walls fell, other objects fell off shelves, and the sink in the women's restroom completely came off the wall and ended up on the floor. I didn't have my phone with me so I don't have a picture of that, but we are all ok :)



So Dallas was fun! I'd only been there once before and that was about .... almost 8 years ago! And it was on a school "trip" so I didn't remember much about it except the ginormous mall!! :D

Sunday:
We left to the Harlingen airport from my apartment about 10 minutes later than we'd originally planned, but me made it with time. The weather out was really nice and fresh, which is quite unusal for the Valley this time of the year. But I'll take it over 100% humidity any day! From Harlingen we flew to Houston-Hobby where we had a layover for about an hour before the next plane to Dallas departed. I love flying :)

So we land in Dallas and the pilot comes on the intercom and alerts us that we've arrived, blah blah blah, weather and all that. lol. He told us it was 64 degrees out! Man was it chilly!! We picked up the rental car and were off to find the hotel! So there we are: 2 valley girls driving in a city we'd never really been in. Funny stuff! The next hour or so was spent locating the hotel, which ended up being maybe 15 min. from the airport! I'd be driving waiting on directions from my sister [who was getting the directions from her iPhone maps app] and I would pass an exit or a turn and she'd tell me "you just passed it" (a little late, lol ;) ) But we eventually found it!

It was then time for lunch, which ended up being at T.G.I.Friday's before we went to Buffalo Exchange, a thrift store. Audrey found a couple of things she liked, I unfortunately found a few but then talked myself out of actually buying them. Buyer's remorse before the fact. lol. We also wanted to watch "Something Borrowed" and there happened to be an AMC theater at Northpark Mall. We found our way there pretty easily. We must've walked around that mall at least 5 or 6 times before the movie was set to start! It's huge! We were in William's Sonoma the longest, I think, than all the other stores!

Here some random pictures I took:
We saw this cute little dress right when we walked in through Macy's. I picture messaged it to Danny, for our imaginary future baby girl. LOL.

Pink, orange and yellow Cactus!

Modern art ...

I thought these were pretty cool.

I think this was my favorite

We saw this in a window at Tiffany's. It says: "Come and go as you please, but stay with me always"


This is a little trinket I told Danny I needed for pies .. he replied to me that "I don't make pies :( "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy about the explosion? Glad that everything's okay! So happy y'all had a good time in Dallas! I forget that it's so far here from where you live that it's easier to fly! As Glamorous Newlywed said, "NorthPark is the mothership". LOL!