May 15, 2010

My Spoiled Furbaby!

This is Smokey:




For the most part, Smokey's an outside cat. He goes potty outside, lays out in the sun, climbs trees, etc.

Now I said "for the most part" because for the past month or so he's been sleeping inside. He sleeps all through the night. And if for some reason he wakes up before I do, example-weekday mornings, he kinda just sits up and stays put. He'll let me sleep until my alarm goes off! What a sweetie right?!

The hubby actually lets Smokey sleep with us at night. He's a really low maitenance cat. Or so I thought.

This is my sisters cat Erin:



Erin just had 3 teeny-tiny furbabies! They're so cute! And since she's had them she's let us get near them and keep an eye on them. She trusts us.

She had them outside in one of our storage rooms. We live in South Texas and it gets really hot! That plus it's mosquito/flea season and they're just thriving! Not exactly the best situation for new babies. So we brought them inside. The babies I mean. Erin is like Smokey, mostly outdoors. She wont use the litter box, she doesn't know what it is.

But ever since we brought them inside, Smokey just can't be near them! They usually eat on top of the dryer. Isolated and up high so that our dogs won't bother them. If Erin is there too, hungry - he will whine his mouth off and won't have it! So we let him outside and he doesn't eat.

So me being the mommy that I am, found a way to get Smokey to stay inside and eat.

He will only eat his food sitting on top of our dresser. In our bedroom. Or on our nightstand. He shares water with our dog, Bella, who also eats her dinner in our bedroom. They're one pair of weirdos! lol.

So Smokey stays on the East side of the house, while Erin and her babies have the West side.

We're one big happy family :)

lol.




3 comments:

Juliana said...

How adorable! I think we are going to get a cat this year!

Rachel and John said...

Aw that's soo cute!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Your kitties are just too cute! I love cats but sadly I can't have them in my building... :(