May 23, 2010

Friday & Saturday!

Friday Danny and I were invited to a BBQ with his dad Dan and his fiance Elva. It was mostly for Dan's side of the family to meet Elva's son Danny and his wife Marlen. LOL - I thought my name was common, but we had 3 Danny's there that night. My Danny, Dan [Danny's dad] and Elva's son Danny.

So we were in charge of dessert! Yay! :) But becuase I work 8-5 everyday I had to bake the desserts the night before on Thursday! Which happened to be the same night as the Grey's Anatomy season finale! The 2 hour season finale! So there I was in the kitchen getting all my ingredients together on the counter while watching the finale. Needless to say, I didn't really get much done throughout those 2 hours! My eyes were glued to the tv screen! I stayed up pretty late that night, but I got to see the finale so it was worth it!

I made a yellow cake with a chocolate fudgy frosting and I also made a batch of oatmeal rasisin cookies :-)




The cake came out ok, but when it came to make the chocolate buttercream frosting - it ended up a little thick. The flavor was great, but the texture was a little heavy. But I left it and went ahead and used it to frost the cake. I know a couple of things I'll want to do to change it up and make it better. The texture of the cake was also a little heavy and not light and fluffy like I wanted it to be.

Overall the night was great! We ended the night making a pit stop at Starbucks on the way to Becky & Rigo's house to watch a movie before heading home.

Saturday we had a small list of errands to run that took hours to complete! We started out going to the banks to deposit/transfer money. I still have my old account open, but once we get our new checks for our joint account I'll close the old one.

Then we were off to the Sprint store to check if Danny's old phone could be replaced. The lighting on his screen is all kinked and sometimes it just goes out and you can't see a thing. Luckily it was available for an upgrade and we went ahead and looked into getting our own account since Danny's phone was still under his dad's account. So because my AT&T contract ends this August, I'm going to wait awhile before I make the switch to Sprint. I'm going to miss my iPhone! It's going to be a sad parting of ways. But it won't go far, my sister's gonna keep it and get the new upgrade when the iPhone 4g comes out this summer. Danny got the charcoal Samsung Reclaim.



After the Sprint store we went to go and see about canceling his gym membership at Gold's gym. It's about 25 minutes away from where we live right now and he hasn't been getting much use out of it. But now their policy is different and he has to call a 1-800 # so we'll have to take care of it during the week.

We continued to do a couple more errands and grab some lunch at Ci-Ci's. And one of the last things we did was go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to use some coupons we had. Luckily we still had some gift cards available to use! After about 30 minutes of walking around the store and finding things we liked and wanted and somehow talked ourselves out of - we ended up buying this:



For dinner my dad grilled shrimp and beef kabobs - they were delicious! And we ended the night watching Edge of Darkness. Finally! lol. We've had that movie for about 2 weeks already and didn't get around to watching it until last night.

Tonight is just another lazy Sunday. Danny's at work and I'm taking care of the laundry like a good wife. Ok well maybe I'll get to it. Soonish. I'm also making my Chicken Parmesean for dinner tonight! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

You were quite the baker this weekend! Everything sounds really good!