July 14, 2011

Wishlist

Look at me! 2 posts in 1 day! :D


Ever since I learned how to cook, I was accustomed to cooking enough for 4-6 people and then some!

Now that most days it's just Danny and myself, I still can't figure the measurements out. I know it's silly because it's simple math, but I have yet to master cooking just enough for us 2.



So once I finally got over my cold, guess who gets sick?!



Yep, that's right - the husband.

LOL, And since I'm all better now I was finally able to cook! I made "caldo de res", which is just beef and veggie soup.


Here's what the stove looked like while the soup was simmering:

I used all of my pots! The big pot had 3 steaks in there with a lot of the veggies, the medium pot had one steak and some veggies, and the tiny pot had some vegetables that couldn't fit in the other 2 pots.

This always happens to me when I cook!

 I had seriously considered only cooking enough for the night, but then reconsidered and thought about what Danny could eat if he was still feeling sick and so on ....


All in all - I used 4 shank steaks, 3 baking potatoes, about 6 small-medium carrots [one of Danny's least liked vegetables], 2 medium sized sweet yellow onions and a small head of cabbage [another of Danny's least liked vegetables] complete with a side of spanish rice .. served with limes and corn tortillas.



Oh yeah the point of this post! (ref. the title) HAHA - I need a tall stock pot!



Something like this:


Something with a 10-12 quart capacity would be perfect!

But until then, this is what I'll be dealing with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Sounds delish! I seriously wish I was your neighbor so I could just pop over and eat whatever your're cooking. (But I would never do that IRL!)

You can get a good, cheapie stock pot at Walmart for about $10. They're a dark blue w/ white dots. We have had the same one for years and it is perfect to use when cooking things with a large volume like chicken and dumplings. :)

Lyndsay said...

That looks absolutely delicious! YUM!!