December 20, 2009

I'm done! ... Now what??

LOL! I graduated! That's right - me, graduated, from UTPA! "Heck yeh" is pretty much all I've got to say for myself. It's such a great achievement and accomplishment. I'm so relieved beyond belief! Really. It feels good! :)



So it all went down yesterday (12/19/09) at approximately 4 pm. I, surprisingly arrived there earlier than my expected arrival time of 3pm. And unfortunately had to wait with all the other graduates in one of the meeting halls in the McAllen Convention Center for almost the entire hour before the commencement, well began! My poor feet. Well then we all headed out, that's when the nerves set in! It was all so surreal and exciting at the same time. We started walking in, and I am the weirdest person ever! I show emotions at the oddest times, lol. I started to tear up a bit before we entered the exhibit hall, but then I was able to gather myself together and continue walking in with the rest of my class. Apparently the camera was right on my face for a good while - so Audrey and my dad say. Well then we get to our seats and well sit. I was extremely happy to turn around and see the Danny and the bulk of my family sitting in the stands, [Tina, Casey, and Jack were missing] and I'm so glad that my best buddy Danny S. and Joana made it. It didn't seem to go on too long, thankfully for the guest speaker - the current Mayor of Edinburg. He was actually quite entertaining. The College of Business was the first to go. So I didn't have to wait long to be called and make my way across the stage, which was a good thing I think. But anyway, it came, it went, it's happened :)

It's time to think ahead. I've got a resume to write and then send off pretty soon. I need to make sure I have a job come April! I have high hopes. I'm looking at working for UTB, they've got 2 staff accountant positions available, or maybe at a bank. GOD willing.

So that's my graduation blog, in a nut-shell.



Gas update: $2.28, where we were today - on the west side of the valley.
                      $2.39 here at home.

No comments: