December 31, 2009

2009: A look over the past year!

Well this year was really something! Lots happened. So let's begin my recap, and sit tight because it's a lenthy one!


January
My 21st Birthday! I was poor so I didn't do anything too out there like go to Austin or even go to a bar down here. We just had a family get together complete with BBQ and my awesome cake! And to top it off a bottle of patron - as you will notice not pictured here ;) But I did have one!








February
Nothing special here either! lol. I lead a very boring life, or led, this year. All work and school and hardly any play! But Danny did buy me a bouquet of my favorite flowers! DAISY'S!!!

 

March
This was a sad month. My dad's dog [and the family pet] Chula died. It's still unclear as to what she died of exactly, but it was definitely something neural. Poor girl was walking in circles over and over again. She wouldn't even respond to her name being called. It was so bad she would cry when she actually laid down. She lost weight and stopped eating. We had to hold her head just so she wouldn't dehydrate.




This was her last day with us. Don't worry, she was just sleeping.





So after we lost Chula, Bonnie [my spaniel] needed a companion. She got really destructive, tore out the inside soles to my dress shoes - don't ask, I have no idea how she accomplished that. So I went to a shelter to adopt her a new friend. I intentionally wanted a boy, and something not too big, but not too small - something that wouldn't bend over and let Bonnie dominate them. But it had to be a puppy because we had cats and puppies can be trained to get along with cats. And sadly, there wasn't a boy puppy to be found at the time there at the particular shelter I went to. But instead, I found Bella.


 

We brought her home that day, and let me note - completely unprepared! Bonnie didn't like her at first, but as the night went on she warmed up to her. Soon they were inseperable.


 

April
Ok you can't hate me - nothing big happened this month! LOL. Nothing. If it did, it wasn't of significant importance to me.  It was the usual: work, school - ooohhh we did have finals this month ... and that's it.

May
This wasn't a good month either. Danny got Bells Palsay. It was awful. He was really sick and his face got really swollen. His ears were the most apparent apart from the left cheek. Not much else to say about that either. He was able to rest a lot and spend some time with our dogs, so it wasn't entirely a loss.

June
Of all the months this year, June was the worst. My dad had been depressed for a good while due to the loss of his dog. And well for Father's Day my sister and I wanted to get him a new dog. But a breed that he'd been itching for for some time. He wanted a Collie or a German Shepherd. Well we live in a very intensed heated climate so Collie's are extremely rare! I was able to find a German Shepherd mix being fostered through an animal shelter in Alton - about 40 minutes from where I live. So we picked her up one morning and brought her home and cleaned her up. She was disgustingly covered in ticks! All sizes. It was sickening. Poor girl. Who knows what kind of dieseases she could've contracted if she stayed in the environment any longer. Well the whole thing was to be a surprise! And it was! :) He came home just as we were through with her bath! So that morning also happened to be the same day my friend Irazema was getting married! So we all got ready and went to the church mass for the wedding ceremony and then came home to finish watching Defiance and then get dressed again and go to the dinner reception. Some drama ensued at the house and well we got ready and left. My dad was working on his truck and we drove off leaving the dogs outside. And the gate stayed open. That was enough. We didn't even get into town when we got a phone call. We had to turn back around and go home because Bonnie had run out and got hit by a car. She didn't make it. I was crushed. It was really the worst thing I could have ever imagined. I miss her intensely to this day.

RIP BONNIE

 





On a happier note, Irazema's wedding to Gus was beautiful. I feel bad though because I was in the worst mood ever. But Danny and Audrey & my dad were there to help me through it. Plus I had some support from "the guys" that went to the wedding - they're pretty great like that.

July
Nothing happend here either. Just a lot of mourning. Took a summer class. Passed. That's it.

August
This month I started what would hope to be my final semester of college! I was so excited and so determined to finish off my college career with a 4.0 ... sadly, that didn't happen - but I did pass all my classes! We also discovered that my Grandma Lucille [my mom's mom] had a gangrene infection in one of her legs and was moved into a hospice. So my little sister and I scheduled flights to go out and see her before it was too late.

September
We didnt' make it to see my Grandma Lucille in time. In fact, we were 2 days off. She died on a Wednesday and we were not scheduled to leave until crazy early Friday morning. So we attended her funeral. It really is so sad that that is the only time we see our West Texas family. It's been 2 funerals so far. My Grandpa Eustacio's back in 2001 and then Grandma Lucille.

 



The upside was seeing everyone after so long. But again, unfortunate circumstances.

 

And then: two weeks later Audrey and I flew off to Chicago for my nephew Jack's Birthday! He was so blown away! He really enjoyed us visiting them in their new home and I'm glad that he was old enough to appreciate it!



^^^ Jack and I at his birthday party at the Morton Arboretum


^^^ Jack and his Auntee Audrey at the Morton Arboretum

We also had a chance to go downtown and do some extremely quick sightseeing.
Some highlights:

  


 

 



October
We managed to make it over to SPI for the annual Sand Castle Days! Unfortunately, due to red tide the weather was pretty awful! There was a thin layer of sand flying everywhere, people were wearing surgical masks! And they were the smart ones! There we were driving in making fun of all the people wearing them! Boy did we get what we deserved! We were gagging the entire time we were there! But we did manage to take a few pictures of some of the good show pieces!

 





November
We actually took a random trip to Ausin one weekend! It was a girl thing. My sister and I drove up on a Friday afternoon and well of course drove back down that Sunday.


 
I got to see my buddies and went to 6th! LOL Well 6th happened after a trip to Trudy's for Mexican Martini's ... the details are all a little fuzzy if you know what I mean. Well the next morning was a bit rough, but we had planned to hang out and roam Austin with my cousin Annie who is also up there going to UT.


Mount Bonnell

We went down Congress and to Town Lake to see all the dogs play. On our discovery we saw a particular clock that Audrey and I were drawn to - and as you would have it, anyone who loves math would be too!



And our trip was rounded off with a trip to Hey Cupcake! The cupcake trailer on Congress!!!



The red sprinkled one is Red Velvet - the nut topped one is the 24 Carrot - and the one with the chocolate sprinkles is the Michael Jackson.


Then the usual holiday occurred, you know the pig out one :) THANKSGIVING! It happened as usual. Way too much food, and Danny and I were splitting our time between his family and mine. I made a ham! You know the one with the pineapple rings and cherries? But again, I suck - no picture.

December
GRADUATION! I graduated from UTPA! For a more in depth persepective read the blog below. Yes I had a whole blog about my graduation, I had to!




Christmas and New Years are also memorable events ... and there's a Christmas post too!  Although New Year's is occurring as we speak so I'll have to blog about that holiday in it's own entry.


So that's it. My year. I'm sure 2010 will be even more memorable!

No comments: