November 27, 2010

Turkey Day [Desserts]

This Thanksgiving I only baked 3 things :( It was a little something to adjust to, since in years past I've made more than a handful of things for dessert. I still slept the same amount of hours the night before Thanksgiving. But alas, I only baked:

A lemon meringue pie
A Pumpkin Pie and a double layered carrot cake.

All were delicious! Even my not-completely thickened cream cheese frosting I used on the cake. It still tasted great! And afterall, isn't that all that matters?? hahaha. ;-)

We had Thanksgiving lunch with Danny's family and boy was it delicious! His dad has these famous biscuits that he makes, melt in your mouth biscuits!! Better than Cracker Barrel biscuits!  True story ;) They always go all out for Turkey Day. Everything was delicious. I was so full! I didn't even bother to leave room for when we would meet up with my family later that day. But then again, my family doesn't do Thanksgiving like Danny's does. 

Overall it was a good day :)

I hope everybody had a great day spent with family and friends!

No comments: