November 27, 2010

A mini-update

Here are some little updates ... not much has happened but these bullets mostly summarize a lot of what's happened.
  • I got a new job! It's still through the temp agency, but its a job. The probationary period is 3 months and then we'll see what happens. But as of right now, it looks very promising. I'm an office clerk/payroll manager at a scrap metal shredding company. It's a pretty dirty environment, but the job is good and I really like it. I came in just after their office manager quit.  The office was a mess and we spent most of October straightening everything out! Now everything seems to be moving a lot more smoothly. Now we have a new office manager, and I'm still working here :) It's all good.
Some scrap metal finds:
Carousel Horse and a tricycle.
  • Danny and I decided to renew our lease in our current apartment. We tried looking for a new place to live, but after several unsucessful attempts at finding anything new, we just threw in the towel and didn't want to stress it anymore. So we're renewing for another year. It's not permanent, it's not forever. And it's a pretty good apartment so its all good.
  • Smokey is doing great! He's definitely gained some weight since moving inside. He's really funny, especially when I get home from work. He likes to sunbathe inbetween the blinds and the window. And he likes to look at my reflection rather than me, even though I can be staring right at him.
  • I haven't been putting much thought into my cooking/baking. We're more on a day by day basis when it comes to dinner these days. Although I am always sure to cook enough for an extra plate so I can take it for lunch at work. 

No comments: