August 28, 2008

Rain rain go away, come again when I'm asleep at home or something.

I, like many other people, enjoy the rain. Especially living down here in the Valley, where rain is a precious gift from Mother Nature. However, I think it not to be so precious when it starts pouring when I'm at school or out doing errands. I like the rain to come in the middle of the night, or during the early/late evening when I'm home to enjoy it. But I'm not God, and I have to take what I can get. Even if it involves blood-sucking parasites. On the upside of all the rain, the grass is green, really green and looks pretty once it's all nice and cut. 

School. It's packed. Parking is a nightmare. And all the crappy humidity doesn't help! Classes are going ok, but I'm discovering all the crappy teachers I had, what I was supposed to be learning seems to be reappearing now. So I find myself in the position of having to go back and read, learn and practice those concepts so that the classes I'm taking now, well,  I'll get something out of it instead of just being stuck with an overly-priced book at the end of the semester. Audrey seems to be adjusting quite well to her new schedule. That of being awake for more than 2/3's of the day and reading and studying during most of the 2/3's. We're still working on the reading and studying part, but it's in the works. 

This blog is being cut short, due to the fact that Intermediate Accounting starts in 14 min. and I've got to go potty. 

A name I left out for Bonnie: Menace

And a gas update: $3.29 over the weekend in Edinburg. Now $3.31. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gas started out this week (at the corner store) at $3.85. On Tuesday evening it was $4.09. Today it is $4.15. I hate having to pay attention to all this! Good luck with Ike!