August 25, 2008

30 hours!!!

After much deliberation, more like procrastination, and a lengthy amount of time (well, no not really), but I've calculated what is standing between me and my Bachelor's Degree in Accounting: 30 hours! That's 1 year. There are several ways I can go about as to attain this degree: summer sessions/ part-time in the fall, or just have a whole summer off and take a full fall semester. Either way, I will (God willing) be done and graduating December 2009!!! So that's exciting.

Today was the first day of fall classes. I had 4 classes today, and I'm taking 3 Accounting classes this semester. So basically, no room for procrastination this semester. More like, me not taking my laptop to school :( and in Audrey's words: "We are going to take advantage of the $40 fee to use that library!" So that's the plan, for now. Wish us luck with that! And this afternoon, Audrey and I walked over to check out the rec. center where we started to walk around and see what they had to offer (I had only been there once before in my whole 5 semesters at UTPA), when a rec. dude came up to us kinda out of the blue and asked us if we were lost! I just laughed. We ended up getting a mini-tour of the place.

In other news, Bonnie has been dubbed "Terrorist. Stitch. Hurricane. Tornado. Disaster." among other names. She just seems to get into pretty much anything. It's been raining since Friday, on and off - mostly on. But anyway, apparently and according to mom, Bonnie managed to roll around in some mud sometime after Audrey and I left for school this morning. As she was telling me the story of why the tub had dirt residue all around it, she was trying to hard to fight back her amusement. I only wish I could've seen it, even if it was a huge mess. And the damage, so far, looks like (I'm going to have to replace) two blinds, 5 pairs of Audrey's sandals, 3 pairs of Mom's sandals, a new pair of house slippers for Dad, a couple of rolls of toilet paper, and a couple of pairs of socks .... I've been fortunate to save pairs of shoes just in time! I only hope Mr. Bear is lucky enough to last just a little while longer.

No comments: