July 22, 2008

Hurricane Shmurricane!

So all this "Hurricane Dolly" panic is making me upset. Mostly because if it does turn into a hurricane, it's only a category I --> strong winds and lots of rain. I don't think it's enough for an evacuation. I do however find it necessary to cancel school and work. :) But that's me. UTPA, over here in Edinburg (which is more than an hours drive to the coast) is considering canceling classes, I think tomorrow and Thursday. And naturally I think it's a little ridiculous. I think people are just looking for a break. And for some people I get it. But for other people who don't really need or want the break, it sucks. My dad went to HEB for some groceries, so that we are more prepared for dinner tonight - bottled water was on the grocery list and of course, there was NO WATER left! It was pretty much all gone.
I get the sand bags deal. Lots of rain = possible flooding in low lying areas.

Anyway, in other news - Bonnie might be sick! She's just lying around, kinda depressed. She had thrown up Sunday evening, twice. Then twice again Monday morning. She didn't want to eat a thing all day yesterday. So in hopes of her hunger returning, I fed her considerably less than usual. I checked in with Mom, and Bonnie hasn't touched it! She has been eating ice, so I know she's had some water. And she is refusing to sit with anybody on the couch. She insists on having a seat all to herself. So, if she doesn't seem better in a day or two, I'm going to have to take her to the vet! :( I hope she feels better soon. I really need the money to pay off my tuition next week!

No comments: