July 25, 2008

Hurricane Dolly

Ok. Maybe I was wrong. Yes, I admitted it. I didn't think Dolly was going to be as big as the hype the news was giving it. It all sounded exactly like "Emily" in 2005. "Ooooh Emily's coming! - Make sure you're prepared if the power goes out! ..." Same 'ol. And you know what? All it was was a lot of rain in 1 day. That's it. So when they started talking about Dolly, we weren't as prepared as we should've been, but we were very fortunate than a ton of other people.

"The Valley's a Disaster Area!" Yes this is true in some areas. Our street wasn't flooded at all. The water on the grass sank in a little and the yard was kinda mushy. But like I said, we were fortunate. Our power turned off around 8 pm on Wednesday and popped back on @ 7 am on Thursday. Watching the news later that night, I learned about all the other damage and disaster areas around the valley. Just north on our main road in Donna (493), people are walking in their houses knee high in water! And tonight, 2 days after Dolly, there are still people without power. The Island has been access restricted to relief teams and residents only until further notice. Probably until the power has been restored. I'm just sugar-coating everything. There's a lot more damage that's occurred, so much that can't possibly all be blogged in one entry.

So my prayers go out to all the family's who have been greatly affected by Dolly. It will get better soon.

1 comment:

dsaldana said...

hmmm......I TOLD YOU! lol